Recount from students for our visit to the Kyabram ‘Bakers Delight Bakery’.
On Monday the 29th we went to Baker’s Delight in Kyabram. First, we got our dough and pressed it down with our own hands. Then we put a pizza sauce on the pizza base. Then we put our own toppings on top of the pizza. Then we got the tray and put the pizzas on the trays. Vince then put the trays in the oven at 200 degree Celsius and cooked for 14 minutes. While we waited for the pizzas to be cooked, Vince showed us how to use some of the machines. Vince showed us how to do the plait with dough, a knot and the twist. When the oven beeped, Vince got his gloves on to pull the pizza out of the oven. Liza and Miss Deng put our pizzas in the cardboard pizza boxes. Vince said, “Liza is the boss in the Kyabram bakery”. Then Mr Shannon put the pizzas in the boxes. Then said good-bye.
Thank you Vince and Liza for teaching us about how the machines work and how to make pizzas. I had a lot of fun. By Tayla
On Monday the 29th of July, the whole school went to Bakers Delight. When we got there, we made pizzas. This is what we did:
- We got baking paper.
- We sprayed the paper with oil.
- We got some dough and shaped it.
- We put on some tomato and BBQ sauce.
- Then we put some cheese on the pizza.
- We put some toppings on like pineapple, salami, capsicum, ham, cheese, crushed up herbs and spices. Then we put them on trays. After that, we put them in the oven for 14 minutes on 201 degrees Celsius. While we waited for the pizzas to be cooked, Vince showed us some bread making machines. He also told us they use 4 or 5 bags of flour in the dough machine. Then he pulled the pizzas out of the oven. Then he showed us how to make knot bread. Miss Deng and Liza put the pizzas in boxes so we could take them home.
Thank you Liza and Vince for letting Merrigum Primary School visit Baker’s DelightJ
By George and Maddie
On Monday 29th July, our whole school went to Baker’s Delight in Kyabram.
First, we walked to Baker’s Delight and saw a man called Vince who was teaching us about pizzas.
Then, we got our dough and started to knead it into a pizza shape.
Next, we all put on the tomato paste and then spread it all around the dough.
After that, we all put the cheese on and then got to put on any of the toppings there. Which were salami, pineapple, cube bacon, shredded ham, capsicum, mixed herbs and more cheese.
Later, we put our pizzas in the pizza oven at 200 degrees Celsius and cooked it for 14 minutes.
While we waited for the pizzas to cook, Vince taught us about all the different types of machines they use to make bread.
After the pizzas were cooked, Liza and Miss Deng put the pizzas into the boxes with the kid’s names on them.
Lastly, we hopped on the bus, drove back to school and then we ate our pizzas. It tasted like heaven.
I would like to thank Liza and Vince for teaching us how to make delicious pizzas.
By Chaise and Chelsea.